Pediatric services at MBMC
When it comes to your child, you can trust in our care
Children are naturally susceptible to sickness, injuries and accidents. Their immune systems are still getting stronger, giving them a higher risk of catching contagious illnesses. And they’re inherently curious and likely to get into more situations that lead to injury.
Mississippi Baptist Medical Center provides comprehensive, nurturing pediatric care for your child in a safe, comfortable environment. From our technologically advanced NICU unit to outpatient surgery and specialists dedicated to treating all kinds of childhood diseases and conditions, we provide around-the-clock emergency services and specialized, innovative care for young children throughout Jackson, MS, and Central Mississippi to help you keep them healthy, and in one piece.
Having children brings joy and excitement. But, when they’re not feeling well, knowing how to care for them and what to do can be overwhelming. Listen as Heath and MG Ferguson share their experience at Baptist.
Video Access Lets Parents Be Part of Their Baby’s Care
Giving birth to a child prematurely can be very stressful. We can help reduce the stress for parents of newborns in our newborn intensive care unit (NICU) by offering a round-the-clock video stream of their baby while they’re staying in our NICU.
Our NICU camera system extends care by giving parents and family members real-time visual access to their newborn(s). Family members can connect to the password-protected live stream 24/7, to see their baby’s bed.
LaToya and Shamarrick Butler know how much this service means to new parents. Watch and listen as they share their experience.
Pediatric services at MBMC include:
- Designated pediatric waiting area in emergency room
- Dedicated pediatrics unit with playroom
- Staffed by pediatric physicians 24/7
- Nurses with an average of 25 years pediatric experience
- Pediatric specialists in asthma & allergy, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, neuro muscular, otolaryngology and plastic surgery
- Emergency department care, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Same-day surgery care for outpatient procedures such as tonsillectomies, placement of ear tubes and many other common pediatric procedures
- Radiology, for X-rays and other diagnostic images
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Access to Newborn Outpatient Clinic for newborns needing additional follow-up, including weight checks and lab work
- Easy access through the Medical Center’s main entrance and FREE parking
Meet our pediatric specialists
The pediatric specialists at MBMC are all board-certified, experienced and respected leaders in providing high quality, innovative and compassionate care throughout Central Mississippi. Their stories may be all their own, but one thing they do share is a steadfast commitment to caring for children and their families.